Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Diva's Challenge # 91

Hello fellow artistes, friends, and Laura,

Every week when I look up the Challenge posted by the Diva, my mind is normally filled with questions on which tangle to use and try to use a tangle Ive never used. And most times I end up using ones Im very comfy with and love - like Featherfall or Mooka.

This time around, reading through the post, I was at first kicking myself for not having read a bit between the lines. Laura does write about Artoo's frequent trips to the hospital but I had put it down to a toddler who was either just very hyper enough to fall sick often or one who just had a lil weak immune system, one which most kids have at that age and gets better over time.

But today reading about Artoo's condition, I must say I was moved to tears. For a Mother her child is a gift. And Laura I applaud your courage and strength of mind and will power. You juggle being a wife, artist, mother and a whole set of roles and yet in every picture you have posted that Ive seen till date I see a smiling and happy face....:)

So yes, despite this Challenge being about Beads of Courage I took just the word COURAGE. Laura's 'Courage' to withstand all this, Artoo's 'Courage' in battling a disorder and yet being a naughty lil imp like any other kid. I loved seeing his photographs with food all over his face....:) So cute...:)

I did a search of Google and came up with a Symbol that means Courage / Bravery in Japanese. And have incorporated tangles into it. Now there are no beads though I have used 'SEZ', 'Printemps' and my all time favorite "Featherfall". Sez & Printemps do have a beady effect and featherfall to symbolize the light feather like feeling in the heart. One can see it in some pictures of the kids. So light hearted and free of tension and worry! And therefore here is to Artoo & Laura....:) I do hope you like it Laura. :)


God Bless U Artoo - U are a Star! :)
Tinks..

10 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts expressed in this post. And the theme of your tile is so very meaningful. VERY nicely done. I applaud your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You expressed a lot of what I also feel about Laura, her son, Artoo, as well as her entire family. Thanks for doing that. Your Zentangle is an inspiration and so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful interpretation of the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much. All this seems trivial compared to the Strength Laura shows...I wish them all well and yest sent up a small lil prayer to bless them all...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very thoughtful, beautiful and inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right! The whole family's attitude toward a very difficult health problem is always facing it with a smile and proceeding with the normal things in life when able. Your idea of a symbol of courage for your string is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative idea. Wonderful tile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, you're so sweet. i love your piece, what a great idea to tangle that symbol!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Encouragement....