Sunday, March 6, 2016

Diva's Weekly Challenge # 257 - Ooo Shiny!

Hiya Folks!!!

First off a huge thank you to all who commented and saw my last blog post.... You guys make my day!!! :)

Yes, I have been away for a few weeks. I was sick for awhile and then I attended a workshop on a traditional art form of South India called Kerala Mural Painting. 

A little bit about the art form - Its a Mural art form where pictures of a religious nature are depicted on Temple Walls. Its a very old form of art which is now regaining its grandeur and elegance. For a very long time it was a dying art form. This is specific to the Southern State of India called Kerala. Other States also have their own form of traditional art.

In the coming weeks I will be compiling all that I learnt in this workshop and post here so that if any of you would like to attempt it, the info will be helpful....:)

Here below is the canvas I painted. It is roughly the size of an A4 sheet of paper. The traditional form is painted using natural pigments but here I have used Acrylic Paints. This is the form of a God named Krishna.....:)



And now here is my entry for the weeks challenge - Ive used a new pattern called DILLO. I tried using a lil bling using sparkly pen but sadly it doesnt show well on this image....



I hope you guys like it...:) 

Have a great day folks! Much Love.... Muah

Tinks .....

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Zendala. I can imagine the shine because I know scanning and photos subdue it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Krisna is done so very beautiful. The zendala is also beautiful and 'less is more'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting and tile! Can't wait to hear more about your process.

    ReplyDelete

Encouragement....